I went for a run today with the distinct intention of dwelling on what is to come on the blog this year. I was interrupted twice by fellow neighbors who wanted to discuss the weather, narrowly avoided a charging dog, and then, culminating my run in typical Kate style, I stepped in fresh turkey poop on my way back through my yard. So instead of the blog, I thought about how to avoid the neighbors, angry dogs, and bird crap; it was a good try though anyway.
2012 was a lot of fun here on the blog! I’d like to thank everyone who read, commented, private messaged, tweeted, called, or connected through any other form of communication.
I learned a great deal from you all and pray that we’ll continue to learn from each other as 2013 unfolds!
Because I’m a hopeless planner, I wanted to throw out some ideas of where I’d like this blog to go and what kind of platform I’d like to create in 2013. I need your suggestions too though because this is a community and your opinion matters! What would you like to talk about or see more of?
Here’s a few things I was thinking:
1) A culmination of the Our Emptying Church blog series. More interviews, guest posts, church history, Millennial characteristics, discussions about David Kinnaman’s research to come. I’ll summarize the highlights of the series and hopefully offer a few conclusions we’ve arrived at.
2) More guest posts, interviews, and entertaining stories.
3) Responses to recent legislation and publications, with particular interest going to:
-the intersection of science and the church
-complementarianism v. egalitarianism (gender roles)
-women’s leadership in the church
-matters involving injustice, inequality, and discrimination
4) During Lent, I will be starting a series discussing human trafficking on a statewide, countrywide and worldwide level.
5) Stories about life’s funny, difficult, joyous, and grievous moments. I know that I have a year of many transitions ahead, ones that will require wisdom, vulnerability, and courage; so I hope to write about some of those moments.
6) Reviews of books I am reading and want to recommend.
I am planning on trying to post weekly this year, but have several other writing obligations as well, so “try” is a key word here. I’m personally looking forward to the warmer weather and new life that 2013 will bring soon– I look forward to our journey together in 2013. May we have traveling mercies along the way.
What am I leaving out that you would like to see on the blog? What are some topics that you’d like to discuss here?